Tuesday, March 3, 2009

mmmmm.. I just feel so content right now. Do you ever have those moments where you just realise that you are happy and I mean really just deep inside happy?! Deborah is feeling that today!..

Last night I went bowling with Stephen and his family for his dad's birthday. We picked up his grandparents (who are just both hilarious).. his grandpa is 92 and still won the 2nd game! We bowled 2 games ate some pizza and chocolate cake.. Stephen and I drove his grandparents home and stayed for about an hour talking, looking at pictures, shooting golf balls into a ring and dancing.. seems like a pretty common night.. but it was magical for me. It was a defining "life can't get any better" moment. Those I guess don't come as often for me, or maybe I have a pretty good life and sometimes I need simple joys to remind me just how blessed I am!


It's the simple things that mean so much!

Live Laugh Love

7 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

don't ask me why, but i kinda teared up reading this! I guess it just makes me so happy to know you are happy. and yes, those special magical moments don't come around a lot- but they can stand as reminders to us of what is most important and they can remind us that good moments will come ( when we are experiencing the bad ones).
I love those moments when things feel right- and i feel blessed and content. they are gifts!!

Rebekah said...

I loved reading this! It made me smile. I agree with Rachel, it is so nice to hear that you are happy. There is something special about that feeling of contentment that reaches deep down--with that on your side you can handle some of the yucks that life throws from time to time.
Thanks for reminding me of just how lucky I am to feel that kind of happiness, myself.
Love you, Deb! Can't wait to see you!

Von and Maureen said...

Your sisters are so wise in their comments. I believe that those special feelings, that life is good, or that a situation is good, comes from the spirit. Remember it!!! We get away from those feelings way to easily in life and can get distracted from what is truly good. Glad you had such a great experience..... Love you MOM

Daniel and Angie Callister said...

We're so glad to hear that life is good Deb! Its easy for me to get frustrated or whatever and sometimes i need to just say to myself "woah, my life is so good, how can i complain??". I think we all need some perspective sometimes

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Those are tender mercies for sure Deb! We are pretty surrounded by bleak news these days. My experience has suggested that you ebb and flow out of good and "not as good" times. Fill up the old warm and fuzzies account so that you can draw on it when things go less well. Happy to hear your doing well.

Jake

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I teared up as well Deb. Those are great moments and when recognized for what they are it makes them even sweeter. I'm happy that you are happy Deb.
p.s. I'll see you next week!(for one day, but hey, I'll take it!)

Josh said...

you know what i think seals the deal? old people having fun...they just don't care to be bothered. they are too old and know that having fun is really what it is all about. sometimes i need to think like i am 92 (as long as one has his faculties about him) and live like i am 32...life would probably be a lot funner!!