Stephen and I decided to go swimming on the 24th for a fun day activity. Stephen showed off as usual with his awesome tricks off the diving boards and platforms.After we watched the Buttlerville Days Parade. It was a good time, we also went later that night to the Buttlerville Days Firework show. Our City of Cottonwood Heights put on a fairly decent show!
Our wedding plans are going really good. Stephen and I are just diving in head first. We are 'getting er done' as it were. Stephen is a lot more involved than I had thought he would want to be. It has made it quite a lot of fun, at times maybe a little more stressful but all in all pretty fun! I just want to be married, be done with this planning stuff. I know that I should cherish the moments, trust me I really am trying to but I still can't help but to think of how nice it will be when September 24 comes and we are on our way to Mexico! Yeeha
5 comments:
i remember the planning days! luckily Deena just wanted a simple wedding and we actually had our reception the day before we got married so that we could just leave from the temple to the airport. that was awesome!! (other than we took Grandma Warner and aunt margaret to salt lake with us in my car with just married on the windows....it made for some funny stares!) cherish the moments Deb!
I agree with Josh. The planning days....thank heaven they are over- but you still gotta cherish them! There is soooo much to plan though and it's good you still have a little time. I think Nick and I were engaged for like 6 or 8 weeks or something... super quick to plan for the day that is supposed to be the biggest in your whole like! So good luck... I am celebrating with you on the other side of the country:)
Sara
So fun to have so many friends getting married around the same time!
I thought that the planning wasn't SUPPOSED to be enjoyed. . .just kidding.
Of course, It isn't the planning to cherish, it is the time of loving the one you will marry, but still having to say good night and walk away from eachother. That may not sound (or actually be) particularly sweet, but . . .
There is just something so fun about looking back on those times--none of us want to go back, but they are a great part of the story!
I remember just wishing that we could just get on with things too. Diidn't i advise you to elope? i swear i did... No, this is a fun and special part of your journey! Plus i got some free plane tickets out of it. can't wait to see you and your cutie have your moment in the sun.
Deb,
We are excited too! Certainly anyone who says enjoy this time is kidding themselves.... you need to get married and through this horrible planning--waiting period as soon as possible. Enjoy your wedding and to an extent, the anticipation, but dont feel bad about disliking nearly everything else about it. You'll look back on the wedding now and again and smile... but the wedding will just be a few days, you should spend a good deal of time thinking about how to best adjust to living together etc. (My two....or maybe three cents). Sounds like you'll have alot of freinds to bounce thoughts off of.
Cant wait for September!!
Jake
Love you guys
Post a Comment