So I have started a new part time job working with adults with disabilities. It has been quite the experience, good but different. There are 3 guys that live in this house. We can hang out at the house or take them out and do pretty much whatever they can handle. I don't think I will try to push the limit just yet! It has been really fun getting to know the guys and my co-workers.
I took one of the guys, David, to wheeler farm. He really liked pretending to steer the tractor. He is a lot of fun. He seems to never tire of being a little trickster. He always says "im just teasin", is he really?, I will never know! hehe
It has been a little crazy without mom to hold us together but dad and I seem to be surviving fairly well. We leave little notes for each other, it seems to be the best way for us to communicate. I have cooked a few meals for us but I have been so busy that he has been left on his own a lot, what a trooper! We are excited for the newest addition and also very excited to have mom back! a little less than a week! what would the world be without mom's! love you mom!
3 comments:
That sounds like a fun, and interesting, job! A person must have patience and a sweet heart to do a job like that--and you do!!
Love ya, Deb!
Do you still do your Orthodontist job, too?
I am glad you found a second job that seems to work for you Deb. That seems about as meaningful as anything. Thanks for taking care of Dad!
Jake
mom and i are so happy for you and your new friends/job. beats flippin burgers by far!! Mom is glad that she is missed- this will give dad a good chance to clean off any left-overs moldy or not in the fridge. Love you lots.
Post a Comment