Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stephen and I have about two and half weeks before we head to China. We leave May 10 early in the morning. We are getting more excited each day. We are trying to think of everything that we will need in the next 3 month frame and also the stuff that we can live without. We might have a place live, which is a nice thing to have :)... I guess we have to make an offer on it or something, I don't really understand it all. Stephen has his own project that he will be working on with the US commerce. He is a little nervous, they have been talking him up in the emails that they send out. But I know, as we all do, that Stephen is a capable young man and can concur anything. I am still not too sure what I will be doing, Stephen has made it clear multiple times that I will not be spending my time shopping... So now I really don't know what I will do.. I am hoping that something will just fall into my lap. There is an English speaking branch about a 45 minute train ride from the area that we will be living, so that will be our social and spiritual release.
We are still open to visitors but are very aware of the fact that that is not very realistic, so we will try to be good at posting pictures and telling of our adventures.

3 comments:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Very excited to follow your summer Deb and Stephen. It seems that their would be some opportunities to serve or teach Deb... otherwise, plenty of opportunities to relax, read and absorb...

Jake

Josh said...

Deb, even though you cannot shop by orders of Stephen (I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND STEPHEN!) i still think you need to get one of those silk robe thingys and chopstick hair pin things!! i don't know why...

Rebekah said...

It is all so exciting!!
Can't wait to hear the stories.

Thanks for putting those pictures on for me, Deb!!
It was so fun to see you guys do bride's day. Your smiles and gazes (into each others' eyes) were sweet and so full of glee--I love that!
Love and smiles!