Thursday, June 10, 2010

China...

Hello everyone, Stephen broke through the China firewall.. So here I am blogging! yeah
We have been enjoying our time here in Shanghai, Stephen is really liking his internship with the US Commerce Department and I have enjoyed being adventurous.
















We have done a lot of really fun things so far.. We have gone to the Yuyuan Gardens, Suzhou and the Expo. China is a busy, busy place but we are getting to the point where fending for ourselves is coming easier. We are actually shoving people and sticking our elbow's into 'sweet' old ladies to get a place on the metro... Sadly, I think we are starting to fit in. :)





I have found a couple of things to keep me busy.. On Monday's and Wednesday's I meet with a sweet Chinese girl named Sue. She is 23 and is in college, I help her with English. I have really enjoyed getting to know her. Thursday's I tend for a couple in our branch, they have a 6 and 7 year old. Friday's I volunteer at an Orphanage. Filling up my down time has truly made my life a lot better.




Stephen and I are happy to be sharing this crazy experience. I know that we will both grow from being here, we might come back to the states a little more aggressive... but I am sure we will be grateful for our time in China.


I am so excited to be back in the blogging world.. I will hopefully update on a more regular basis.

4 comments:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Great pictures Deb!! Looks like such a different place. It doesnt surprise me that you two can box out at the metro. I am glad you are staying busy, and doing meaningful things. thats awesome. Looking forward to hearing more. Take care

Von and Maureen said...

I was so glad to see you once again blogging!!! We love hearing about your experiences and seeing the pictures. What a great adventure you both are having...and as you said, learning a lot. You both are such capable people, and have much to give where ever you are. keep blogging Love you both Mom

Catherine said...

Hi you two...soo great that you can blod...keep us all posted. Jim and I love seeing and hearing about your adventures! Knew you would find your niche, Deb. Glad you can keep busy, and help so many people! Keep blogging and have fun! Love from Jim and Catherine

Rachel Ure said...

doesn't it feel good to have one more wya to stay connected! i know i feel better having you back in the blog world :)
SO glad you have stuff to give your week some structure. that helps all the down time feel more like a vacation. It was super wierd to visit utah and not see the skokos'! ( did you notice the lack of an "s" on your last name plural? stephens family would be proud of me )
now that you have bog access- keep the info comin! love rach