Bikes are just about everywhere here. Most have a basket for food, purses, sometimes even toddlers.. Really!!. They do not need to be fancy, just functional..
Stephen and I were searching for some ground beef.. They did not have ground beef.. however, they did have a different "luxury". (pig feet, nails and all)
The building on the right, floor 6, is our place of residence.. I am snapping the shot on the overpass bridge on my way to the super market..
I have started baby sitting for a family in our branch twice a week. These are the two kids I baby sit... Bella who is 6 and Dante who is 7...Yes, I am letting them climb that strange ladder and am not ashamed of showing the evidence..
Found this fabulous alley on one of the "girl outing's" with Jodi and Mallory.... I hear that if you are a good photographer, people should be able to smell and feel the atmosphere from your photo. Be glad that I am not.. it did not smell so pleasant. :) That being said, it was a really great atmosphere.
In the same alley, were these 3 men reading and kicking the breeze. I absolutely loved it and had to document it. :)
7 comments:
I wonder if they think the meats we eat are gross...like their pigs feet are to us. Do you find ground beef there? So I discovered that the building they show us on google earth when we typed in your address is not the same one you say you live in.Hmmm. I will have to check again. I love seeing the everyday sights that you are enjoying there...getting a glimpse of China through your eyes. Thanks for sharing, and realize it is all interesting to us.
i was wondering who those people were climbing that ladder. kids! funnny. hey- really, your pictures are cool. they make me miss being in new places and seeing things that just make you go " hmmm"
Very cool alley! I wonder what they make with pigs feet? Is it just to flavor something or so they gnaw on it? Keep up the pics. I wish I was exploring a new country!
Awesome Deb. Very effective in taking us all to China for a brief moment. What a bizarre and interesting place. Soak it all in... its almost July for heaven's sake!
Jake
Way cool blog post. My favorite pic was the three guys. Keep the updates and pictures coming!
Score! I just found Jodi's blog too. I'm just telling you so you know that when you leave in a few weeks (lucky!)I will still be stalking your blog.
it's very interesting.. i wish i can go to other country too..
Post a Comment