Monday, June 14, 2010

The Great Climb

A quick side note.....


Today I watched "Singin' In The Rain".. The family that I babysit let me barrow it, it was such an adorable and such a happy movie. It was so great to watch a movie that left me wanting to sing and dance around our apartment. There is something magical and so very romantic when everyone is singing and dancing, and I also love the fact that it was viewed as masculine. That is just how they did movies during that time, I love it! I wish that we had more movies like that now! I do think however, if that were the case, I would have a hard time getting Stephen to watch movies with me. hehe.. I just think they are so fabulous! I have always enjoyed older movies or older shows thanks to my parents :) I just think that if anyone is having a down day or just need to genuinely laugh or smile, you should rent "Singin' In The Rain"... It will brighten your day









Ok, now on to the Climb :)

















Stephen and I went rock climbing last Saturday, it was a pretty good time. I did about 3 climbs and was pooped, Stephen "rocked" the rock wall! :) We went with Jodi and Taylor Sparks, our new comrades in Shanghai and Eric, a kid who Stephen works with. There was a guy that was showing the boys how to climb horizontally... It looked pretty intense, but I do have to say, that my husband is amazingly strong. I was so uber impressed with his mad rock climbing skills. Stephen being.. well... Stephen had to one up everyone and do a back flip off the wall. haha I tried to capture the moment, instead I captured his landing. I do have to say that he got a 10 on sticking his landing. :)










3 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

"singing in the rain" and "climbing on a wall" what more could you want? love this post. thanks deb

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Gitt'r'done Stephen. Annie will be jealous about the shared climbing adventure. Sounds like fun Deb. I have to admit that some of those classy fun old movies are right up my alley.

Jake

Von and Maureen said...

Looks like such fun Deb.....for you guys anyway ,not so much for me. I love the dold movies....when you get back we need to have some old movie times. OK? Looking forward to seeing your next adventure. Mom