Sunday, August 8, 2010

7 day's!..

Oh my goodness, Stephen and I fly back home in 7 days.. We both can not believe that this summer adventure is coming to an end. We have made many new friends and some incredible memories... I will miss many things but here are some things that I will miss most about Shanghai and China.......


At the top of the list is our friends, we have met some really fun people and are really going to miss them. They made this trip so much more enjoyable.

I am a people watcher and China is the place to be I tell ya, you can sit and watch people for hours! :) You must be careful however.. you might see more than you bargained for!


I will miss our branch, Stephen and I have never felt so much love and unity from a group of people.


I will miss being able to go shopping! hehe, I did not go everyday but I did end up doing it quite a lot.


I think that I might miss taking bath's. I say 'might' because having a bath as your only option is very annoying.. Our apartment in Holladay only has a shower, so I will miss being able to relax in the bath.

I am going to miss being able to do everything so cheap, things just don't cost as much here as they do back home.


I am really going to miss being able to go on trips with Stephen, coming to China was a big trip but we were also able to take a lot of side trips. It was a lot of fun to go and see unique places together!... Luckily we don't need to be in China to do this one :)

I am going to miss all the great stories that one can experience in a day; riding the subway, eating at random places, buying groceries, walking through the market or just walking down the street. We have so many fun stories that I am sure we tell for a long time.


I know that there will be other things that I will miss.... Some things you have to leave to miss. :)


China has been a very interesting, exciting and sometimes hard experience that has made Stephen and I grow together. We are both ready to be home but are sad to leave our crazy adventure behind.





Beautiful flower with "single classifieds" in the background... Grandparents will post a paper with their grandchild's age, height and whatever else a perfect mate might find admirable.
if male.. they put down salary. They sit and wait till a worthy suitor or classy girl comes along. They do this every Saturday and Sunday until the job is done.
silly and sweet!

KFC anyone?!. Riding bikes can be faster than driving, so this is how China does 'carry out'..

5 comments:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I am so glad you guys did this. What a fun way to kick start your life together... its like an extended honeymoon. You'll always have China! We cant wait to be regaled by stories of strange chinese ways and happenings. Perhaps a trip to the desert will be a good for you to adjust! I hope you stay up on your blog when you return home as well.
Jake

Rachel Ure said...

i agree with jakeon all acounts. and i think your next adventure should be lubbock. i have no reasons to back this up, but i still think it is what you need all the same :)
excited to maybe see you in a week

Rachel Ure said...

oh yeah, and aren't you so glad that your grandma didn't try to find you a mate? do thry actually end up with the people their grandparents pick or is it more of a way to find a date?

Deborah and Stephen said...

rach, that is a good question.. I know that parent and grandparent acceptance is huge here.. i do not know how many people end up with who they are lined up with.. and yes I am glad! I think they would have really liked stephen though :)
he might have had a chance for them picking him! hehe love you stevie!

Von and Maureen said...

I am very glad that you are coming home. I have to admit that it is very fun to read your blog about your life there....I will miss that. What a neat thing to have done together. And I am sure that Stephen would have been a first choice for you by your parents and grandparents, He is such a catch!!!! :) But then it takes a catch to get a catch. Love you both!!! Mom